Healthy Families is a home-based family support and coaching program that supports first time parents aged 23 and
under to create stable, nurturing environments for their children.
Healthy Families is a program of Children’s Trust and is implemented locally by Care Central VNA & Hospice.
Healthy Families is an intensive home visiting program that provides weekly home visits while pregnant and until the child is at least six months old, bi-weekly visits until the child is two and a half years old, and monthly visits until the child turns three. The program is free, confidential and voluntary. Moms and dads are welcome at all visits and events
Healthy Families provides the following to our participating families:
- Pre-natal education and support
- Information on infant and child development
- Basics of baby care – sleeping, feeding, bathing, etc.
- Child and home safety
- Nutrition information for parents and child
- Parent support and education group activities
- Positive discipline techniques
- Child developmental screenings and assessments
- Toilet training information and support
- Information to help delay subsequent pregnancy
- Connections to community resources such as housing, education, WIC, DTA, Early Intervention, child care, etc. as needed/requested
The program is participant–driven; families choose their own goals and areas of interest or need. Each family has a Home Visitor assigned to them and they will develop a close working relationship over the years they spend together. Both young mothers and fathers are encouraged to participate in the program.
Our Service Area
For towns not listed, please call us for more information.
Healthcare professionals, school nurses and guidance counselors, community service providers are encouraged to refer young families. Pregnant and parenting teens are always welcome to refer themselves as well. Once a referral is received, a home visitor will meet with the family so that they can develop a plan based on each family's unique strengths and personal goals.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Home Visits Available:
Monday – Thursday
8:00am – 5:30pm
How to contact us: 978-632-1230