As part of Care Central VNA & Hospice’s commitment to a healthy community, we opened a Diaper Pantry on May 1, 2014. Care Central VNA & Hospice believes that a healthy community includes our youngest residents. The pantry is staffed by a dedicated group of volunteers and the diapers have all been donated.
The Pantry is located at 34 Pearly Lane in Gardner and is open every
Thursday from 1:00 – 3:00 pm.
Participants are eligible to receive 30 diapers once a month. Please bring your child’s birth certificate to your first visit, it will be returned to you the same day. Diapers are available for newborns up until the child’s third birthday. Any resident of the Care Central VNA & Hospice service area is eligible to come to the pantry.
Did you realize…
• Many low income families cannot afford to purchase a sufficient amount of diapers for their children.
• Infants use about 12 diapers a day and toddlers use about 8-10 a day.
• Diapers cannot be purchased with SNAP benefits (food stamps) or with WIC.
• Without a daily supply of disposable diapers, children cannot attend daycare, which results in parents not being able to work or attend school.
• As a result of inadequate diaper supplies, children are not changed as needed and often suffer from rashes and urinary tract infections.
To ensure the sustainability of our Diaper Pantry, we invite businesses and organizations to sponsor diaper drives to help keep the shelves full. For more information about the Diaper Pantry or how to make a donation, please call Care Central VNA & Hospice at 978-632-1230.